Hey folks! Today DXX-Rebirth v0.58 stood in front of my door and asked where I’ve been for so long. So we had a drink or two and decided it’s time to bring the new release out today. And here it is. This release is mainly fixes and improves some things but also holds a few new features.
Here are the most important changes:
- Several fixes and improvements for Multiplayer – especially Coop savestates
- Sensitivity/Ramping sliders for keyboard input
- More efficient postional data for Multiplayer, making ship positions more accurate and require less traffic (Thanks to v66r)
- New file extension for AddOns (.dxa)
- Key combination ALT+ENTER will not work ingame anymore to not interrupt player input
- Command-line option to disable mouse cursor without disabling the mouse altogether
- Support for Raspberry Pi by derhass
- HUD style “no HUD”
- Fixes for lighting code which wasn’t updating correctly all the time
- Improvement for transparency effects that won’t make certain sprites disappear in front of bright surfaces
- Support for hmp tempo setting (Thanks to Yarn)
- Improvements and fixes for Shareware/Demo data
- Improvements for firing mechanism, keeping fire rate accurate at all FPS
- More fixes and improvements
As stated above, the filename extension for AddOns changed. You either need to re-download your AddOns or simply rename them from .zip to .dxa.
Also please note that right now there is not a Mac OS X release, yet. This will be released in a few days.
There is something seriously wrong with the Windows release. This is not – as far as I can tell – a bug in the code but a fault which was caused when compiling the game itself. It’s *not* a virus or such – I checked that already. However the Windows version seems to misbehave radically. Soon as I fixed this, the Windows release will be updated.