I know, I know. I would also rather write “DXX-Rebirth updated”, but it’s coming along, trust me.
However today I had to update the website. The theme I was using before didn’t get an update for 4 years (ironic, isn’t it?) and it was breaking with each new version of WordPress. So I switched over to another theme, which I hope you’ll all like. If not, please feel free to post a thread in the forums. I can always update the colors (tho I like reading black text on white background), font size and such. Just let me know.
Oh and one more thing: DXX-Rebirth has a Twitter Account. I haven’t posted much on it, yet, since I wasn’t really promoting it, but since it’s not visible on the frontpage, I guess it will serve good to keep you updated about the newest developments.
I wish you all a wonderful day.
I’ll make it short: If you like Descent, you probably like Freespace. And GOG.com currently has Freespace 1 plus it’s exapansion and Freespace 2 in sale. Dirt cheap with extras AND DRM-free. Worth it. So get it.
Freespace 1 + Expansion ($2.39)
Freespace 2 ($3.99)
Hey folks! Today I’d like to present you with DXX-Rebirth v0.58.1. This is intended to fix some serious bugs that caused the previous relase to be almost unplayable on many machines.
Since v0.58 wasn’t even out for a day, here are the most important changes of that one again:
- Several fixes and improvements for Multiplayer – especially Coop savestates
- Sensitivity/Ramping sliders for keyboard input
- More efficient postional data for Multiplayer, making ship positions more accurate and require less traffic (Thanks to v66r)
- New file extension for AddOns (.dxa)
- Key combination ALT+ENTER will not work ingame anymore to not interrupt player input
- Command-line option to disable mouse cursor without disabling the mouse altogether
- Support for Raspberry Pi by derhass
- HUD style “no HUD”
- Fixes for lighting code which wasn’t updating correctly all the time
- Improvement for transparency effects that won’t make certain sprites disappear in front of bright surfaces
- Support for hmp tempo setting (Thanks to Yarn)
- Improvements and fixes for Shareware/Demo data
- Improvements for firing mechanism, keeping fire rate accurate at all FPS
- More fixes and improvements
As stated above, the filename extension for AddOns changed. You either need to re-download your AddOns or simply rename them from .zip to .dxa.
Also please note that right now there is not a Mac OS X release, yet. This will be released in a few days.
EDIT: OS X versions are online now!
Get DXX-Rebirth v0.58.1 from the Downloads page and discuss the release in the forums.