Once more I’d like to come up with a topic that has been on my mind for a long time now. I do not want to go into details but I want to contribute towards cancer-research – within the scope of this project so that something good comes out of all this wasted free time. 😉
Now since the project gains only a small amount of donations I tried to gather some new ideas on how to improve on that situation but nothing really came out of it.
So now I am just going to take 35% of all the donations and pull them into a cancer-research project of my choice.
Join the forum discussion.
Today I’d like to introduce you to DXX-Rebirth v0.57.3. And as before it’s mostly a Bugfix release. A lot of work went into making the Multiplayer a lot more enjoyable and I took a lot of time to squish all the bugs that have been reported so far.
Here are some of the most important changes:
- Added extension-support for FLAC files to play via SDL_mixer
- Vastly reduced delay during Multiplayer matches
- Fixed double collision result when weapon collides with a wall
- Fixed powerups getting lost in a long Multiplayer match
- Fixed incorrect collision-detection when dealing with very large walls
- Fixed briefing support for Destination Saturn and Shareware
- Fixed possible issues when restoring Coop Savestates
- Fixed randomness for smart blobs when picking targets in Multipalyer
- Made homing projectiles a bit easier to dodge
- Added possibility to disable weapon autoselection while firing
- Added ability to manually cycle through whole weapon list, no matter if weapon is auto-selectable or not
- Many other Bugfixes and code improvements
Get the release now at the Download-page and have fun with it. And feel free to leave Feedback.
You know I am not so much into advertising but I wanted to let you know at this weekend you get 50% off on many Interplay games at GOG.com – Descent 1 & 2 included! So if you do not have an account at GOG.com, yet, now there’s your chance.
If you plan on registering an account, please consider using my affiiate link > right here <. Thank you, good Sir!