After 8 months of development, v0.54 is finally ready for release. And a lot has been done. Here is a very short list of changes:
- Heavily improved multiplayer and new UDP/IP code
- Demo recording now records way smaller demos (still backwards compatible)
- PhysFS support for both D1X-Rebirth and D2X-Rebirth
- Mouse speed and sensitivity problems resolved
- Many game crashes due uninitiated memory is now fixed – improved game
- Menus improved
- Inside Game Logging system like Quake console (SHIFT+ESC)
- Many options now have moved from INI file to game options and will be
- Collision system has been improved – no more stuck enemies or items
- If a wrong resolution has been selected your graphics card does not
support, game will reset to 640×480 instead of crashing
- NEW glReticle
- Heavily improved ingame timer – less CPU, more FPS
- MP3/OGG/AIF/WAV Jukebox support!
- Text readings are now done in Unicode to support non-US keyboards
- More accurate Homing missile vectors
- Many bug fixes, slacked code, and more! (this is a very small list,
- D1X-Rebirth now also runs on Mac!
I really hope you will have fun with this new relase and enjoy playing.