Hey folks! Today I’d like to present you with DXX-Rebirth v0.58.1. This is intended to fix some serious bugs that caused the previous relase to be almost unplayable on many machines.
Since v0.58 wasn’t even out for a day, here are the most important changes of that one again:
- Several fixes and improvements for Multiplayer – especially Coop savestates
- Sensitivity/Ramping sliders for keyboard input
- More efficient postional data for Multiplayer, making ship positions more accurate and require less traffic (Thanks to v66r)
- New file extension for AddOns (.dxa)
- Key combination ALT+ENTER will not work ingame anymore to not interrupt player input
- Command-line option to disable mouse cursor without disabling the mouse altogether
- Support for Raspberry Pi by derhass
- HUD style “no HUD”
- Fixes for lighting code which wasn’t updating correctly all the time
- Improvement for transparency effects that won’t make certain sprites disappear in front of bright surfaces
- Support for hmp tempo setting (Thanks to Yarn)
- Improvements and fixes for Shareware/Demo data
- Improvements for firing mechanism, keeping fire rate accurate at all FPS
- More fixes and improvements
As stated above, the filename extension for AddOns changed. You either need to re-download your AddOns or simply rename them from .zip to .dxa.
Also please note that right now there is not a Mac OS X release, yet. This will be released in a few days.
EDIT: OS X versions are online now!