New version, new page.
DXX-Rebirth is back again!
Main features of this version are:
- Redrawing Menus
- Persistent Debris feature (optional) – Debris stay around one minute and float around
- Code improvements for 64Bit systems
- Big improvements and fixes on Demo system
- Full SCons support for Sourcecode (MAC as well)
- FPS-independent homing missiles
- Extended Joystick configuration Panel
- Large code cleanups
- Improved HAM support for D2X-Rebirth
- Fixed security issue in Multiplayer message-buffer
- + much more bug fixes and improvements (too much to write it here – see CHANGELOG.txt)
Special Thanks for this release go to Thorsten Jordan, Alex_I and Zif.
Have fun with DXX-Rebirth v0.52.
Today it’s finally time for a new version of DXX-Rebirth. It is mostly a Bugfix version. The only real new features are transparency effects for OpenGL and a new file structure that contains seperate directories for demos, HiRes data, missions and screenshots. Also the joystick code has been improved once again. And last but not least tons of small glitches and bugs have been fixed and some facelifts were made.
See the complete history in dxx-changelog.txt included in each package.
I want to use this news for another call:
DXX-Rebirth needs new screenshots. The screenshot section is totally outdated. If you took a shot from of a cool situation or you had another great view, please submit this shot and it will go online, right here on DXX-Rebirth.com.
Today I’m going on holiday to my family together with my beloved girlfriend. Since I won’t be back until next year I take the chance to wish all the DXX players a wonderful Christmas and a happy new year. May all your wishes come true.